3 Day Startup NUS
NUS Enterprise & TechGrind Singapore are proud to present 2015's first 3DS Singapore program.
3DS (3 Day Startup) is a non-profit (501(c)3) entrepreneurship education accelerator program designed for university students and communities with an emphasis on learning by doing. The idea is simple: start tech companies over the course of three days. In doing so, universities are able to foster a culture of entrepreneurship and career paths for students, graduates, and their community. 3DS is an integral part of the global startup ecosystem, based out of Austin, TX. It is the world's #1 university startup program, based on success metrics of participants - and has since 2008 become the driving force for entrepreneurship at 90+ of the top universities in the world. Apply to 3DS today! The program is free, and will change your life!
3 Day Startup By The Numbers
Schools on 5 Continents
$ Million Raised by Alumni
What Happens at a 3 Day Startup?
Students progress through a series of modules in a learning-by-doing process that includes:
- Team Formation
- Leanstartup Problem/Market Validation
- Leanstartup Customer Discovery
- Rapid Prototyping
- Pitching to Investors
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate students with an entrepreneurial drive, including Computer Science (PhD, MS, undergraduate), MBAs, law students, graphic designers, PR, business undergraduates, etc. We look for strong candidates that fill the following roles:
- Software Engineer
- Business (Finance, Marketing, Biz Dev)
- Graphic Design (Web, Print)
- Advertising, PR
- Other: Wildcards, Raw Passion
The idea of 3 Day Startup is simple: start technology companies over the course of three days. We rent work space for an entire weekend, recruit 40 students with a wide range of backgrounds, cater food and drinks, invite top-notch entrepreneurs and investors, pick the best ideas for software or hardware startups during the Friday brainstorming session, and release a minimal prototype by Sunday night. The goal is to build enough momentum among a network of motivated people to sustain the company beyond the weekend.
February 6-8, 2015
National Design Center
IDA Labs Level 2
111 Middle Road
We know many people with great ideas, but they never pursue them for a variety of reasons: lack of time or money, no access to the right people, or not enough confidence to make the plunge. We provide all the resources for anyone to offer their idea and bring it to life with the help of 39 other highly skilled and motivated individuals. We believe 3 Day Startup is a great way to get the community excited about entrepreneurship and to spend an intense weekend with creative people who want to actually bring an idea to life as opposed to sitting back and listening to YATAE (yet another talk about entrepreneurship). It's also a social and business experiment to see how much a group of passionate people can accomplish over the course of 60 hours.
Disclaimer: Students have full ownership of their startups! 3 Day Startup does not take any cut of equity or compromise IP in any way, shape, or form.
SILVER & MEDIA
Want to be a sponsor? 3DS programs offer a huge benefit to all types of businesses in the tech, services & entrepreneurship industries. Email us!
- Dr Alex LinHead, Infocomm Investments
- Andrew KingsleyCEO, Concourse Fund & Director, 3 Day Startup
- Efraim PetterssonCEO, eKita & Intl. Director, 3 Day Startup
- Lee Han YangAssociate Manager, Singtel L!feLabs
- Nicholas TanDigital Lead, Microsoft Singapore
- Roland TurnerLabs Director, TrustSphere
- Siti Aishah ZahariStartup Scout, NUS Enterprise
- Teo Shen WeiNUS Enterprise, Manager
- Wong Meng WengSocial Engineer, JFDI
- Benjamin LeeCEO, Sugar Technologies
- Candice OngManaging Director (SEA), Zalora
- David WangVP, Credit Suisse & Angel Investor
- Jacky YapCEO, The Vulcan Post
- Nicole HuCEO, Byron & Co
- Dr Virginia ChaChief of Research, Institute of Systems Science
- Efraim PetterssonInternational Director, 3 Day Startup
- Calvin FooPartner, TechGrind Singapore
- Chen LiangPartner, TechGrind Singapore
- Gerald ChowPartner, TechGrind Singapore
- Trinh Dinh QuanPartner, TechGrind Singapore
- Yeo Kian PeenPartner, TechGrind Singapore